QuirinusII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the second league of Quirinus.. Any prestige can join. Apply today or ask and you will get an invite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Starter Guide To Caesary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Starter Guide To Caesary  Empty
PostSubject: The Starter Guide To Caesary    The Starter Guide To Caesary  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Lets start with the very beginning as you log on. First of all, follow the tutorial, unless you know what you are doing. I am a more military minded player and less of a Sim City player. Which in my opinion the first and not the later dominate in this game. Actually those are the ones that always dominate in this game. Included are my opinions and strategies that have worked for me. I consider myself a top player, but not the best.

For starters follow the quests, for at least the first day, maybe into the second depending on how much time you can devote to this game. The first week the server is up is the most crucial. So best case scenario: a new server open on your days off. The first 2-3 days I try to devote at least 6 hours to this game. But that's me and I really enjoy this game for the most part, as well as being as close to the top as possible.

Time is the most valuable resource in this game. The more of this resource you have the better off you will be.

In the beginning quests, when it says for you to buy an item from the Item Mall, purchase a goat for 5 gold and save the rest. Later on you will get a beginners package that has more gold in it. With this you can spend 50 gold to get a 7 day Motivational Speech. This allows you to have 3 buildings going in every city for 7 days. This is the most important item in the game.

Following the quests: Build at least 1 of everything. Then as soon as you build an outpost and finish the corresponding quest for it, deconstruct it. They are pretty poinltess structures. Some buildings you will have to upgrade a few others for to get the first structure, such as University. After doing the tax rate quest, set it to 40%. Make sure you have a temple constructed at this point. Go into the temple and do the first Appease God option "Disaster Relief" by doing this you have another quest down.

Now this is personal prefrence, but I really don't see any argument for picking others, for your first city the god should always be Jupiter. This will increase speed in which structures are completed. This is very important to start with. Plus given the beginning quests where you are awarded additional resources and additional jobs, you will easily have the resources to keep up with this god. Your next two cities should be Juno. On your 4th city it is really up to you, although depending on the situation on your server I usually stick with Juno until my 5th city. At that point you could pick Minerva if you wanted to focus a little more on troop production for that city.

One of the first things you should do after you have bulidings on a 6m+ build time is maraud. Go into My Items, go to the Chest tab and click on the "Small Pack of Captives". This will give you your first small army. Also in the chest is a hero package. Open it, this is a POT hero. I believe your first army is covered in the tutorial. But in case you accidentally skipped it, I guess this is still important to include.

You have heroes and POT heroes. The difference being, at intervals of 10 (levels) the POT hero gains additional skill points that correlate with his POT. So at lvl 10 a POT 5 hero gains 5 extra skill points. Make this first POT hero your consul. This is explained in the tutorial so I shouldn't have to explain it. Your POT hero in the beginning will lvl faster then any other hero, especially win a Jupiter god city. Every time a structure finishes building, the consul receives experience. Put all your initial points into sway for your consul. You will eventually get to a point where you have to balance between two stats. I always choose parry as the second stat.

Also, using a Reversion Act on your POT hero is recommended, but this is a min/max thing and is not required. But it is part of a quest, so you can take advantage of that.

After you build a ampitheatre, hire a hero or two. Try to keep em the lowest level heroes in there. At this point it doesn't matter what the stats are, I would suggest high parry rating at the moment. But this hero is junk and will be replaced. If you happen to find a keepr in there then consider yourself fortunate. For finding a hero worth his weight in Sesterces us this formula: (Hero lvl*3) - (Sway + Bravery + Parry) >45. You want it to total at least 45. This is a decent hero. Honestly though, try to aim more for 50-55+. I will show an example:

The hero is lvl 10 and his stats are Sway- 22, Parry- 26 and Bravery- 19. I take his lvl (10) and multiply it by 3 which is 30. I then add up all his attributes, 22+26+19=67. Next I subtract the two and I am left with 37 as his base. 37 is a dud, we are looking for 45+. Move on to the next heroo in the amphitheater. I always pull up the calculator and have it hover next to the amphitheater to make things go faster. Also note, stats don't matter on lvl 1 heros, we will just use them for other things.

I believe the tutorial shows you how to load troops and attack wildernesses. I am not sure, I haven't followed it for a number of servers now. If it doesn't I will add a section. But I digress. Now that you have an attack hero or two, pick one of the heroes and make sure all your troops, hag and sag (spear and archers), are loaded on the hero. Evenly space the troops in the 6 division. Now maraud a lvl 1 wilderness. I always hit lvl 1 forest first, lumber is the most in demand resource in the beginning. Once you have a comfortable amount of lumber stockpiled, or you really need a specific resource, then maraude the corresponding wilderness for that resource.

Forest for lumber

Mountain for Iron

Desert for Stone

Lake/River for food

The purpose of these initial marauds are to get 5 grey rebel aglets. Hopefully you get 5 from 5 attacks (it isn't 100%). Once you have 5 aglets, turn them in at the "Daily Barter" tab in the quests menu. You will receive another small pack of captives. Open the pack and distribute them evenly on your pre-existing army. Side thought, you can seize lvl 1s at the start and they have the same chance of rewarding aglets.

Once this is under way, you should have 1-2 heroes to attack with. Having multiple low lvl heroes is important because every time you attack, your hero consumes 10 physical. Once he had under 10, he can no longer attack until he replenishes the physical. So you can swap the army to the next hero and continue the marauding. On to seizing wildernesses. I normally start by seizing lvl 1. Because wildernesses generally have the same lvl of tech as their lvl. So you will recieve larger losses on a lvl 2 if you have not researched some techs. I normally seize 2 rivers and 2 forest. But that is about preference. Remember you can only seize as many wilderness as the level of your Rectorate.

Keep farming wildernesses for aglets until you get 20. At this point turn them in for 3 more packs of captives. Open these and your food might go into the negatives or close to it. It's fine, just maraud some rivers for food. Also keep checking the coliseum for more lvl 1 heroes. Make sure you do not lvl up these lvl 1 junk heroes. At lvl 1 they have the cheapest sesterces upkeep. Later we will find battle worthy heroes. This farming of aglets is a daily routine. Later on you will farm 25 grey aglets and 25 yellow aglets for the packs (they reset daily) and 20 of each for the WSC quest turn ins (thats a bit later down the road).

Initial job making I stick somewhere around a 2:1 wood to any other resource, per hour. If I am making 20k wood per hour, I should be making 10k everything else (sesterces excluded). In the very beginning, follow the job quests equally to gain extra jobs as rewards.

My first city layout usually consists of 1 of everything for the quests and 12 cottages (this is after the level 4 rectorate upgrade and expansion). After maybe the first day or two I'll add another stable, barracks and if I have room, workshop. I always stick to 1 warehouse until I get to the lvl 10 rectorate, then I build a second in my main city. This is because I maraud a lot of players and get an abundance of resources, so it's helpful to have increased storage. Although this is a convenience and not a necessity. So you could definetaly work fine on 1 warehouse. I see many players with 2+ warehouses just starting out. This is out of fear of being attacked. If you are active enough and concentrate on military, you won't have to worry about being looted. I will get to tactics of that later, or in another post.

By the first hour, or so, you should have a lvl 2 cottage, lvl 1 wall and a lvl 2 rectorate. Now it's time to build a University and Academy and start on some research. I usually research Logging and Medication first. Medication is one of the most important techs. This is my opinion, but I believe it is widely shared.

Medication>Security> Reconnaissance> the 3 offensive techs that are troop specific.

But, at lvl 5 and 6 techs, start planning ahead to get lvl 7 fast. The best lvl 7 tech on a new server is Equitation. I understand thi is a controversial statement that might be debated. But it is. With lvl 7 Equitation your cav will attack multiple divisions per round. Having one of your strongest units attack multiple times per round is very strong. Plus cav early on are deadly to almost any army if used correctly.

Now a few days in you should have opened more packs each day and be up to medium packs, been marauding wildernesses for resources and aglets and seized wildernesses for more resources production. I usually try to replace my wildernessess every 1-2 tech lvls. For instance, if I have 4 lvl 1 forests and I get some lvl 2 techs, I start replacing the lvl 1 wildernessess with lvl 2s. Or higher if you are willing to suffer the losses. You can also team up with leaguemates to help with higher lvl wildernesses. A great way to get less losses from wildernesses is to scout them. Every wild has a different troop count. Find the one with the lowest amount of troops.

Around day 2 (based on 5-8+ hrs played a day) I start making my own troops and not just rely solely on the packs. This is as resources allow naturally.

I would also like to point out: Don't be afraid to come out of Beginners Protection way before day 7 (when the buff naturally wears off). For starters, a lot of players are too afraid to come out and while they are in it keeping themselves restrainged, you are out and not likely to be attacked. Keeping your rec. at lvl 4 out of fear just hinders your verall. Get out no later then day 3, 2 if possible. I usually do it in the first day, but I am a more aggressive player. A higher lvl rectorate means higher level of every structure and with Jupiter as god, this is easily obtainable,

Overall this is a pretty decent walkthrough that should get you through the first few days. I will be adding more to this in later posts as I think about it. Just remember to keep focus on military.

Beginners Protection:

Popping that protection bubble. It all seems very High School prom night, the anxiety, the awkwardness, the fumbling, but in the end exciting.

Here are some strategies to remember and help:

One of the first things you want to do is to turn off the Head On option. To do this go to your Plaza structure, go to the Engagement Protocol and uncheck Head On. This means that if another player attacks you then your army will not engage. You want this off by default. That way when you are offline, someone doesn't wipe your entire army. When you want to turn it on, is if you are online being attacked and you know you can kill the army (or at least suspect it), then you can turn it on to defend. The other reason to have it off is because when a player marauds your city and you defend, you army doesn't use your wall or defenses. It defends on an open field.

If you are getting attacked and cannot repel the army or don't want to. Make sure you hide your available resources in the Market. Hopefully your market is lvl 4. To hide resources put all your available resources up for auction at a price that is higher then the market value but not so high that you waste sesterces. You don't actually want to sell the resources, but you don't want to waste a lot of sesterces on the deposit. So use some reason and judgement with this. Once the attack is over, you can cancel the auctions and get all your resources back.

If you are being repeatedly attacked by a player much larger then you then sometimes the only option is to move. Do this by using a mover item. Or you can use a precision, but this makes a 24h period where you can only attack wilds. This option to me is under dire circumstances. Because normally it breaks up your cities if they are close together.

While marauding wilds you will regularly receive Cease Fire items. Although I have never personally used one because I was being attacked, they are helpful in that instance. I typically use them if there have been some heated battles on the server and I suspect I could be attacked when I log off. I put up a Cease Fire either while at work or in bed. Then when I start playing again, if it is within the 12h I cancel the effect so I can start attacking again. To cancel this effect, click on your name at the bottom of the screen in City View, then click on the status part and cancel it.

Heroes, there is a dedicated heroes section so this will just be a quick overview. You can never have enough lvl 1 heroes. You use them for everything. From farming aglets to making massive amounts of dummy armies. Honestly, every time I see a lvl 1 hero in the amphitheater I buy it. Also, do not upgrade the level on these. They are not more useful higher level and they cost more sesterces upkeep.

If you found what you read here helpful, check out our offical website guide!!!
http://www.caesary.webs.com

You will have to register an account in order to see the guide, but its free to sign up!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://quirinusii.forumotion.com

The Starter Guide To Caesary
Page 1 of 1